Sausage & Cheese Biscuits
- 3 c. flour
- 1 T. + 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 c. butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 lb. bulk pork sausage, crumbled and fully cooked, cooled
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 – 1 1/4 c. milk
1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter until crumbly.
2. Stir in the cooled sausage and cheddar cheese. Add milk just until the dough comes together without being sticky. Be careful not to add too much.
3. Roll out dough and cut out with a biscuit cutter, shape about a 1/4 c. of dough into a biscuit shape or just drop onto a baking sheet. (I used the shape-by-hand method and made 18 biscuits.) Bake at 400 degrees for 12- 18 minutes, until lightly golden brown on top.
Another thing I loved about these is that they tasted just as good the next day when reheated in the microwave for a few seconds. Next time I am planning to bake an extra batch for the freezer. Talk about a great on-the-run breakfast!
Great for company at this time of the year.